Take your first stroke, pedal or step towards your first triathlon
Beginner Courses 2018/2019
At Tri Nation we are focused on providing a triathlon coaching service of the highest standard. Whilst our focus is on long distance triathlons we encourage people of all abilities to join up. You only have to watch the finish line of an Ironman to see the wide range of ability levels crossing the line!
Upcoming course dates:
- 6 weeks starting Saturday 30th of March 2019
First session Saturday 30th of March to finish at Byron Bay Triathlon on Saturday 11th of May.
- Tuesday 6pm-7pm – swimming at Brisbane Grammar School, Spring Hill
- Thursday 5:30am-6:30am – cycling.
First 3 weeks at Garage Espresso, 176 Grey Street, South Bank. Second 3 weeks at Nundah Criterium Track, Albert Bishop Park.
- Friday 5:30am-6:30am – running,
First 4 weeks at Garage Espresso, 176 Grey Street, South Bank. Last 2 weeks at YMCA gym, QUT Gardens Point.
- Note: when sessions fall on a public holiday (ie. Good Friday and Anzac Day) we will change the session to the Wednesday of that week.
- Saturday 30th March 8:00-9:30am – introduction and bike maintenance at Avanti Plus, Fortitude Valley. We’d LOVE you to stay around after this first session for coffee on us!
- Saturday 4th May 6:30-8:00am – mini triathlon and transition skills at Suttons Beach, Redcliffe.
- All training sessions as above.
- Optional additional attendance at Tri Nation main squad sessions.
- Tri Nation welcome pack.
Are you interested in:
- Completing a triathlon?
- Improving your fitness?
- Trying something new?
- Meeting some new people?
- Or just looking good in your skinny jeans
Triathlon is one of the fastest growing sports for women in Australia, with distances for everyone. Even so, we know that it can be a daunting prospect not only turning up to a training session but to commit to completing a triathlon so we will make you the following 10 promises:
- Everyone else is just as scared and nervous as you are.
- You will not be a faceless number in a group but someone we will get to know and help to achieve your goals (whatever they are).
- There is no minimum ability level and as long as you can swim 200m we guarantee that there will be others in the group of the same ability.
- It is okay to be nervous about swimming in the open water. We promise that you will be safe from sea creatures at both our open water session and during the triathlon.
- It is okay to be nervous about riding your bike. We will help you gain the confidence to ride on the roads.
- You don’t need to have fancy equipment. You will need some swimming flippers, goggles, swim cap, a road bike, helmet and running shoes.
- You will meet some great new friends.
- You will never be in a situation where you have to keep up with anyone else. So no need to worry about being left behind.
- We will help you complete your first triathlon.
- You don’t have to wear lycra!